2007-04-16

Mea Culpa


Hello there,

I must apologise. I have been a little hard on airline companies last night. I didn't understand that "bad temperature in NYC" means flooding... Maybe I was fooled cause in Canadian, Temperature refers to a different concept.
But in fact is was quite bad as you can see on the picture aside. Almost 5 inches of rain (over 10 cm ;)), as precises the New York Times. The air traffic was heavily affected with
500 cancellations on Sunday [which] forced hundreds of travelers to spend the night at the airport.

Airports weren't the only transportation medium to be affected and

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority warned of extensive disruptions and delays on its Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad lines. It said 975 parking spaces at its North White Plains station were flooded and unavailable for use.
I wish my dear visitor a good flight back to his City tonight.

Bye,

Tara-G V

Source (data + picture): http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/nyre
gion/16cnd-Storm.html?hp

No comments: